Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
Adaptogenic Root / Medicinal Herb
This adaptogenic root has been used for thousands of years to promote balanced responses to stress. Traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine as a rejuvenating tonic, ashwagandha is known for both its energizing and calming effects. Our resident herbalist explains that “ashwagandha helps you to tap into the circadian rhythm of life, providing energy during the day and helping you to sleep at night”.
Studies show that it helps reduce stress and anxiety. And, as an immunomodulator, ashwagandha behaves differently depending on what our immune system needs; it not only stimulates weak immune systems but also reduces immune reactions in hyperactive immune systems (think autoimmune disorders, allergies, eczema).
We found more than 1200 studies on Ashwagandha. Research suggests it may:
- Reduce our levels of cortisol, the stress hormone
- Help us sleep
- Improve energy levels
- Help slow, prevent, and treat neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Serve as an adrenal tonic and nervine tonic, “inducing immunity and longevity”*
- Improve our thyroid function
- Have anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic effects
- Improve memory and overall cognitive function
You’ll find 300mg of Ashwagandha in our Chill bars.