(Astragalus propinquus / Astragalus membranaceus)
Adaptogenic Root / Medicinal Herb
Astragalus is a member of the pea family, native to parts of China, Mongolia, and Korea. Its roots have been used for immune support in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries. Considered both tonifying and protective, astragalus helps strengthen the immune system over time and is a strong ally when it comes to preventing illness.
In addition to being medicinal herbs, astragalus and reishi are adaptogens; they help us respond to stress and promote homeostasis in our bodies.
- Reduce inflammation
- Strengthen and regulate the immune system
- Help fight viral infections and common colds
- Help treat chronic fatigue and seasonal allergies allergies
- Increase production of white blood cells (which in turn help prevent illness)
- Help treat heart conditions, type 2 diabetes, and kidney disease
- Have anticancer effects
- Help reduce side effects of chemotherapy, like nausea and vomiting
- Have anti-aging effects and prolong life
You’ll find 400mg of Astragalus in our Protect bars.