Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus)
Adaptogenic Mushroom / Medicinal Herb
Lion's Mane is considered The Mushroom for the brain. It is also one of the most beautiful adaptogenic mushrooms adaptogens we’ve seen; it looks like a cross between a fluffy white lion’s mane and a waterfall.
It was selected for our Think bar because it is known to enhance mental clarity, focus, and memory. Our resident herbalist explained that, due to its molecular weight, Lion’s Mane has the rare ability to cross the blood brain barrier and affect it directly. These mushrooms may also inhibit the build up of amyloids and, by extension, help reduce the risk of Alzheimers.
In addition to clearing brain fog and keeping us sharp, it also helps us respond to both mental and physical stress. And while it is most hyped for its brain-benefits, Lion’s Mane has a beneficial effect on the health of the whole body.
We found 539 studies on Lion’s Mane. Research suggests it may:
- Stimulate the growth of brain cells
- Enhance mental clarity
- Enhance memory
- Reduce brain fog
- Improve your ability to focus
- Help protect against Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia
- Reduce symptoms of memory loss
- Boost the immune system
- Reduce inflammation
- Reduce oxidative stress
- Help relieve anxiety and depression
- Reduce feelings of irritation
- Help fight cancer by killing cancer cells, slowing the spread of cancer, and slowing the growth of tumors.
- Repair nerve cell damage
- Stimulate the growth of nerve cells
- Accelerate the recovery from nervous system injuries
- Protect the stomach lining from damage
- Help protect against the development of stomach ulcers
- Reduce heart disease risk
- Lower blood sugars
- Help manage diabetes symptoms
You can find 1000 mg of Lion’s Mane in our Think bars.