Tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum)
Adaptogen / Medicinal Herb
Commonly referred to as “holy basil”, tulsi is an adaptogenic herb that helps us respond to both physical and mental stress. In Ayurveda, tulsi is renowned for both medicinal and spiritual properties; it is called “The Queen of Herbs,” “Mother Medicine of Nature,” and “The Incomparable One."
Our resident herbalist calls it “the Dispeller of Grief,” as it is used to help move grief out of the chest and lungs, and “The Sighing Herb,” as it helps you release stress from your body.
Beyond its calming and grief-dispelling effects, Tulsi is believed to help prevent disease, detoxify the body, have beautifying effects, and foster overall well-being.
We found 1945 studies on tulsi. Research suggests it may:
- Reduce stress, anxiety, and depression
- Help you cope with emotional, physical, chemical, and infectious stress
- Promote relaxation
- Improve mental clarity and overall sense of wellbeing
- Fight inflammation
- Improve your complexion
- Have antimicrobial effects (antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal)
- Help people to feel more socially-inclined
- Help detox your body
- Help protect against toxic chemicals
- Reduce the growth of cancer cells
- Protect against infections and aid in recovery
- Help heal and protect wounds
- Protect your stomach
- Help reduce peptic ulcers
- Lower your blood sugar levels
- Help prevent symptoms of diabetes
- Lower cholesterol
- Reduce joint pain
- Boost metabolism
- Alleviate sleep problems
- Reduce exhaustion
- Reduce forgetfulness
Reduce sexual problems
You can find 300 mg of tulsi in our Chill bars.